This could be you!
Senior Ambassador (Ages 17-21)
Junior Ambassador (Ages 10-14)
Li’l Ambassador (Ages 7-9)
- Senior Ambassador is awarded a $2000 scholarship towards post secondary education at the end of their reign
- Contestants must reside in the Town of Hanover, West Grey or Brockton (the former Bentinck and Brant Townships)
- Each contestant will be required to complete an interview, Jr. and Sr. Contestants will also prepare a 2-3 minute speech on one of the following topics: Urban Agriculture, Youth and their role in agriculture, Agriculture in Grey Bruce. Lil Ambassadors will speak about themselves for 1 minute (name, age and something they like about the fair or something unique about themselves.)
- All Contestants must be available to carry out their duties during the fall fair. Ambassadors will also represent the Hanover Bentinck and Brant Agricultural Society at various functions within the community throughout the year.
- Ambassadors have the opportunity to attend two district meetings of the OAAS (Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies), one in the fall and one in the spring.
- Senior Ambassadors also have the opportunity to attend the OAAS Convention in February in Toronto, and based on eligibility may compete in the CNE Ambassador Competition in August.
An ambassador is a youth leader for our Agricultural Society and community, representing at various local events throughout the year. The program assists youth with improving public speaking skills, engaging in new experiences, leadership experience and it all looks fantastic on a resume.
There are 3 different age groups for our ambassador program. Competitors can be male or female, thus allowing all young people the chance to experience this wonderful program.
The categories are as followed:
Lil Ambassador ages 7 to 9 (as of Aug. 1st)
Jr Ambassador ages 10-14 (as of Aug 1st)
Sr. Ambassador ages 17-21 (as of Aug 1st)
Entry Deadline ~ Extended to July 31, 2022
For more information on how to enter the Ambassador Competition, please contact Amanda Peckham at 519-364-1570