Hanover Fair 2023 Virtual Dressage Show
We are excited to offer you the opportunity of taking part in our Virtual Dressage Show once again this year! All classes will be Open with no age restrictions.
Again, we aim for this to be fun and educational as we try to keep the equestrian community engaged in our local fair. Feedback is welcome for future virtual and live shows and classes. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions and we will try our best to navigate through this together!
The Hanover, Bentinck & Brant Agricultural Society and its horse show affiliates accept no liability for loss, accident, damage, injury, or illness to horses, riders, owners, or spectators or any person or property whatsoever.
Registration and Payment: THIS IS A PRE-REGISTRATION AND PRE-PAID EVENT. Payment will be required by July 30, 2023 to complete your entry (before is encouraged, first come first serve, entries may be limited).
Virtual Class Information:
Video Submission Deadline: July 30, 2023 (before is encouraged)
- Results to be posted online during the Fair
- Winners (top 3 pinned) will have their video links posted online
- Judge’s feedback and test card will be provided to each competitor
Please fill out the registration form and email to: email@example.com
Riders may enter multiple classes.
Admin fee and show number apply to each horse/rider combination.
Entrants in Class 1&2 may not enter any other class.
Space may be limited per class; the horse show committee reserves the right to place riders on a reserve list should number of entries warrant.
The horse show committee also reserves the right to cancel or combine any classes with less than 3 entrants.
All entries will be confirmed via email when registration forms are received.
Gaited and Western Dressage entries welcome for Class 6.
Payment by Etransfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL classes are OPEN and eligible for ALL ages
Class Entry Fee: $15.00 per test
Admin Fee: $5.00 per horse/rider combination
Prizes: Ribbons to third place for each class
1st - $30.00, 2nd - $25.00, 3rd - $20.00.
To download your test and review the rules, please see the posted PDF link or visit cadora.ca
Leadline Walk Test
Leadline Walk/Trot Test
Walk/Trot CADORA Test A
Training CADORA Test A
First Level CADORA Test A
Test of Choice
Test must be declared at time of pre-registration
Filming Instructions and Video Guidelines
New* The video MUST clearly have the entrants state their name and that the test was filmed for the Hanover Fair Virtual Dressage Show . If this is not included, you will be asked to resubmit if time permits; if not, you will be disqualified.
*can be rider or handler for lead-line
*must not be edited audio
Ex: say “(Your Name) riding (Horse’s Name) for the Hanover Fair Virtual Dressage Show” at the end of your ride before exiting the ring
A good quality video will allow the judge to score and comment on your test accurately and appropriately.
- Video must be continuous with no stops, edits or cuts
- “Helmet to hoof” must be included in the frame AT ALL TIMES along with the relevant letters for the movement
- A formal dressage ring is not required however a properly measured area (20m x 40m) will be marked with either actual dressage letters or pylons to indicate the four corners and eight letters
- Provide adequate space around the perimeter of your dressage area for your horse to travel
- The camera position will be stationary, located outside the ring, @C (considerations: slight elevation and distance back from ring)
- Use of a tripod is encouraged
- Zooming and panning are permitted provided “helmet to hoof” remains in the frame at all times
- Begin filming at least 10 seconds prior to start of test
- Continue filming at least 10 seconds after your final halt/salute as you exit the ring
- The rider (or handler) must state the rider’s name and the show name (Hanover Fall Fair Virtual Dressage Show) on film after the completion of their test
- Limit distractions including children, dogs, and excessive noise (exception: tests being called)
- Natural outdoor light is preferred
Failure to meet these requirements could result in insufficient quality to judge the video and therefore lead to disqualification
Note*: please be mindful of your settings if using PIXEO, PIVO or other auto-filming devices! The relevant dressage letters to the movement need to be visible (ie: when halted at X, B and E should be in frame)
Attire and Tack
Properly fitted helmet and boots with a heel
Show turn out is encouraged
Horses legs to be unobstructed - no boots or wraps
Equestrian Canada rules to apply to tack (bits) and artificial aids
The Lead-line Handler must be over 18 and suitably turned out, wearing proper, closed toe footwear with a heel
- A single lead line will be connected to the noseband of the bridle or a closely fitted halter positioned under the bridle. THE LEAD LINE WILL NOT BE CONNECTED TO THE BIT.
Instructions for Video Submission:
Videos to be uploaded to YouTube with the link sent to us via email at email@example.com
Registration confirmation will be sent via email and further instructions including competitor number and video title will be provided.