This could be you!
Senior Ambassador (Ages 17-22)
Junior Ambassador (Ages 10-14)
Li’l Ambassador (Ages 7-9)
- Senior Ambassador is awarded an $1500 scholarship towards post secondary education at the end of their reign
- Contestants must reside in the Town of Hanover, West Grey or Brockton (the former Bentinck and Brant Townships)
- Each contestant will be required to complete an interview, Jr. and Sr. Contestants will also prepare a 2-3 minute speech
- All Contestants must be available to carry out their duties during the fall fair. Ambassadors will also represent the Hanover Bentinck and Brant Agricultural Society at various functions within the community throughout the year.
- Ambassadors have the opportunity to attend two district meetings of the OAAS (Ontario Association of Agricultural Societies), one in the fall and one in the spring.
- Senior Ambassadors also have the opportunity to attend the OAAS Convention in February at the in Toronto, and based on eligibility may compete in the Miss Mid-West Competition and the CNE Ambassador Competition in August.
An ambassador is a youth leader for our Agricultural Society and community, representing at various local events throughout the year. The program assists youth with improving public speaking skills, engaging in new experiences, leadership experience and it all looks fantastic on a resume.
There are 3 different age groups for our ambassador program. Competitors can be male or female, thus allowing all young people the chance to experience this wonderful program.
The categories are as followed:
Lil Ambassador ages 7 to 9 (as of Aug. 1st)
Jr Ambassador ages 10-14 (as of Aug 1st)
Sr. Ambassador ages 17-21 (as of Aug 1st)